- Start Date: October/November 2022
- Term: Renewable Annual Contract (Flexible hours and remote working arrangements may include weekends)
- Compensation based on experience.
For the past 75 years, OELC has offered transformational leadership programs to youth across Ontario. We empower youth to develop leadership strength and skills, inspiring them to be agents of change in their community and beyond. OELC believes that our youth can and do make a difference – both today and tomorrow. We create an environment that fosters curiosity, reflection and growth, and provides young people with opportunities to learn about themselves and others. We achieve this through specifically designed leadership programs that are highly engaging and full of FUN! Each leadership course is unique; however, all our courses are developed around the following key goals:
- Self-Awareness and Development
- Equity and Inclusion
- Personal & Team Well Being
- Connection to School, Community and the World
OELC is embarking upon an ambitious plan to reinvent and expand its programs on multiple sites and develop new audiences and structures to ensure it stays relevant for the next 75 years.
OELC is looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurially minded individual who understands the not-for-profit sector, can see the big picture but also has an eye for detail and goal setting. The successful individual is capable of inspiring people with an infectious attitude and innovative ideas; one who can think creatively. The person we seek can work within timelines and can set and meet expectations, all the while considering fiscal realities. We are looking for an individual who can identify growth areas and not be held back by traditional beliefs.
- 5-10 years of project management and/or organizational leadership experience, within the not-for-profit sector
- 5 years of successful experience with grant requests and writing
- 3+ years of social media management and digital marketing management
- Data base proficiency: interpreting and presenting data
- Strong analytical, judgement, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- 3-5 years of experience developing and executing a growth strategy for a not-for-profit
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to adapt under pressure and superior time and project management skills
- Strong financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting
- Ability to collaborate, network and build effective partnerships
- Proven experience working with a Board of Directors, Gift donors and major stakeholders in leading programming, revenue generation and business development
- Manage operational functions for OELC programs and present updates to the Board of Directors in regular cadenced Board Meetings
- Play a key role in setting the strategic direction of the organization
- Coordinate the intake and application process for OELC leadership courses
- Monitor and evaluate program delivery and operational procedures as well as program expansion on an ongoing basis
- Hire, provide orientation and support for program staff
- Supervise all staff and sub contractors
- Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, innovation and collaboration
- Establish professional working relationships with key partners; government, educational executives, private schools, program staff, etc.
- Manage existing contracts for established programs and seek out opportunitiesfor future programs for OELC (i.e. new partners for OELC on Location)
- Organize OELC data and facilitate outreach communications, perform forecasting, and measure the performance of programs
- Develop and manage budget and all performance targets and indicators of areas of development
- Implement and oversee a fundraising and development strategy to identify and recognize potential donors or funding sources
- Oversee the preparation of materials for all Board meetings
- Coordinate the orientation of new Board Members and volunteers
- Develop policies and procedures on all operational and governance matters
- Will require flexibility in working hours and travel (Spring & Fall)
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, we are asking potential candidates to learn more about OELC by visiting our website https://www.oelccaso.com/
before submitting a cover letter.
By exploring the "About us" and other sections of the website, in addition to viewing the videos and reading about some of our programs, you will gain a basic understanding of the operating principles of the organization and what the potential might be with you as Managing Director
Share with us how you might see some of the areas for growth and opportunity using your skill sets.
OELC is committed to ensuring our recruitment, selection and work environment is inclusive and barrier free. At OELC we celebrate and welcome diversity. If you are invited to attend an interview and require accommodation, please advise us in writing in advance of our meeting. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
All submissions to be sent to [email protected]
Only submissions including a cover letter (as described) will be
considered for the position.