OELC is a very special place and one that has great impact and influence on those who attend. We believe that a large part of the formula for this success is due to those who staff our courses. Our Teacher Facilitators (TFs) are selected based on their passion, commitment and understanding of leadership, their educational expertise, and their belief in a student’s potential for personal growth, development and positive impact! Click here to view a complete role description. If you feel you have the “right stuff” please...
Leader Counsellor/Youth Facilitator
Our elementary and intermediate courses have Leader Counsellors/Youth Facilitators (LC/YFs) as part of the course staff. LC/YFs stay in cabins with students and are selected from a fine group of OELC graduates who have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills, compassion, reliability and maturity. Click here to view a complete role description.
Please note that it is most common to be offered a position as a YF for only one session of an intermediate level course. This is not a full-time summer position.
If you are a recent alumnus of an OELC course and believe you have the skill set to be a Leader Counsellor/Youth Facilitator, please...
Position: Medical Facilitator
Organization: Ontario Educational Leadership Centre (OELC)
Posting Closing Date: Closed for the season
Ontario Educational Leadership Centre (OELC) is a not-for-profit residential centre that provides leadership development sessions for students from across the province. We have four day and six day programs through the spring and summer. OELC is located on beautiful setting on Lake Couchiching just north of Orillia.
We are looking for a Medical Facilitator (senior nursing student or experienced first responder) to manage the medical care of our students during our programs. Our participants are from Grades 6 – 11.
Separate living quarters that include a kitchen are provided. Alternatively, meals are available from our catering team. All of our course staff are teachers, many of whom are experienced with first aid, providing opportunity for collaboration and support where necessary.
The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to attend our spring courses and then be able to commit to every program from the end of June to the end of August. We are also open to a shared work situation.
- Pre-course review of medical forms to highlight particular needs and concerns
- Create a list of students with dietary considerations to be shared with the catering team
- Consult with parents and students on registration day and collect medications
- At the first meal, communicate the instructions to administer medications as well as reminders and routines around health care and wellness
- Keep medications securely stored and organized
- Document any medical care in an organized and timely fashion
- Follow the established lines of communication between course staff, OELC administration and parents
- Ensure that medical supplies are inventoried and refilled as needed
- Be available at any time for emergencies or other health care (cell phone is either provided or reimbursed)
- Conduct cabin inspections (after breakfast) and award clean cabin award at lunch
- Return medications at the end of the camp session